Denville, NJ – The Entech Group Inc., an energy, engineering and environmental company in New Jersey, reminds businesses that the state has now fully adopted major amendments to its rules for remediation of contaminated sites. The rules, fully effective as of May 2012, complete the phase-in period for the Site Remediation Reform Act and the use of Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs).
Governor Christie’s amendments to site remediation and environmental services in NJ aim to establish "outcome-oriented criteria" for the cleanup of contaminated sites, "with a goal of ensuring the highest standards of protection of human health and the environment." The end result for many businesses is a reduction in the amount of time and effort needed to bring an environmental project to a successful closure.
The Entech Group Inc., a leading environmental services company in NJ, offers LSRP services for all of their environmental projects including oil tank removal. The Vice President of Entech, Thomas A Furey, PE, is a Licensed Site Remediation Professional with over 25 years of experience.
The new Site Remediation Reform Act and the use of Licensed Site Remediation Professionals will significantly impact anyone involved in site remediation, whether they be environmental professionals, businesses or property owners.
Some key aspects of the new rules are summarized below:
• Use of LSRP to oversee the remediation of all contaminated sites in NJ
• Cleanups will have new regulatory and mandatory timeframes. At complex sites, remediation is required to be completed within 10 years from discovery of a discharge; cleanup must be completed within six years at sites having only soil contamination.
• A Response Action Outcome (RAO) issued by an LSRP is the new "equivalent" of a No Further Action letter.
• Transfer or closure of facilities subject to ISRA requires remediation by an LSRP
• The NJDEP proposes to significantly increase penalties for failure to meet complex procedural and substantive cleanup requirements -- up to $25,000 per violation
Entech’s experienced environmental services team in NJ is comprised of certified engineers, environmental scientists, OSHA certified and trained construction personnel and knowledgeable technicians.
Entech is a full service provider of environmental services in NJ offering turn-key, single source professional services including site remediation, investigation, litigation and oil tank removal in NJ.
Questions about the environmental laws can be addressed to The Entech Group by calling 866-709-5332.
For more information, visit http://www.entechgroupinc.com
About The Entech Group, Inc.
The Entech Group, a leader in providing energy, engineering and environmental services in NJ, has been an experienced provider of Project Solutions for multiple market sectors for the past 20 years.
Entech is a single-source provider of turn-key environmental services that are realistic, fairly priced and in line with efficient turnaround goals. The Entech team consists of experts and affiliated specialists, engineers, environmental scientists and OSHA certified and trained construction personnel.
The Entech Group, Inc.
400 Morris Avenue, Suite 265
Denville, NJ 07834