Taking up used ATV riding as a hobby can be expensive...or affordable, depending on how particular you are about the ATV model that you want to own. If you want a new, latest release ATV model from a popular ATV manufacturer, you have to be ready to pay the price for it! However, this does not mean that people with a budget cannot take up ATV as a hobby. We'll let you in on a secret...many of us own used ATVs! We're not being stingy or putting our lives at risk by using used ATVs but some of us own more than one ATV and use different ATVs for different types of rides. And some of us have the inclination for giving used ATVs facelifts! It'd be crazy for us to turning our garage into a science lab using our brand new ATVs, so, we use used ATVs instead.
Many people have asked us if it was safe to use used ATVs and we've always answered the same way...it is safe to use used ATVs granted someone (yourself or someone else) have gone through the used ATV and replaced worn out parts before even consider swinging a leg over it! Some of us buy our ATVs online and we understand that buying used ATVs online is really tough. You don't know the condition of the used ATV, can't give the used ATV a spin, and cannot touch or 'shake' the used ATV up a little to see if the handlebars would fall off or not. I mean, pictures DO tell a thousand words but it doesn't tell you whether a used ATV is safe to ride or not.
So, to take the guesswork out of buying used ATVs, you can do some or all of the following:-
1. Only buy if the used ATV is of a model was released not more than 2 or 3 years ago.
2. Buy used ATV from companies or mechanics that have the expertise of repairing, modifying or servicing the used ATV before putting it up for sale.
3. Buy used ATVs from an online seller whom you trust
4. Buy used ATV and you should be ready to do some modifications to it or replace some of the parts on the used ATV
5. Buy used ATV online if the seller gives you a warranty or has a money-back-guarantee clause
6. Only buy used ATV from a seller who is willing to call you, meet up with you or communicate closely with you when you have questions about the condition of the used ATV.
United States Of America